Vote Ultraviolet is a grassroots movement with a single intention: to light up America's democracy. We are a growing collective of individuals who understand that a brighter tomorrow can only follow unified, people-driven civic engagement today.
Vote Ultraviolet recognizes that community-wide voter turnout lays the foundation for a strong, diverse democracy. We also recognize that, paradoxically, the process by which we are expected to exercise our fundamental right to vote has not been optimized for turnout - it is confusing and unintuitive. We believe voting should simply make sense, especially for someone who has never voted before. Our goal is to help people get their ballot in the box because everyones’ voice counts.
- Building open-source, shareable educational materials providing digestible information on how to register, vote in-person, and vote by-mail
- Creating volunteer opportunities for people in their communities to share this information with each other
- Partnering with local get-out-the-vote organizations connected to communities by lending our creative and technological resources towards advancing similar missions
- Promoting ways for community leaders to activate their networks through tools that enhance peer-to-peer relational organizing for voter turnout
- Increasing poll worker recruitment to address man-power shortages at the polls this election year
- Fundraising to cover the costs associated with being a voter: we fully cover the price of rides to and from the polls, stamps for mailing in forms, and the costs of printing voter registration materials
- Developing a tool for Vote Ultraviolet to measure its real-time impact in communities and adapt to changing circumstances while on-the-ground